I have a hard time teasing apart artistic photography
and portrait photography. I want my portraits to look like art.
I’m more interested in capturing the essence of my subjects than a
posed mug shot.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mormon Prom 2010

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has a local "Mormon Prom".  This prom is a bit different from the ones held in the High School in that it's (1) free, (2) requires modest dress, and (3) has an age bracket of 16 to 18 allowed.  I had the oportunity to shoot 5 couples (plus 1) for it the Saturday!
This is Tawny and Eric, I call it "Mirror Image"

Ian and Kelsy getting cozy.
Harrison and Chantelle as bright as sunshine.
Danielle and James...very classy!  Someone heard James say that thanks to Danielle all his pictures look good...what a guy;-)
Aram and Brittney smiling through the chilly weather (brrrr!)



Here's the whole group, we got Terrance in this one.
I was lucky to get such a great group to shoot.  I had a helper on this shoot, hopefully she got some good pics as well.

1 comment:

  1. Danielle is my niece, and these pics are awesome. All the young people look really relaxed, and seem to be enjoying themselves. So, to the person who did this photography, fantastic job, and you had fantastic subjects to work with. All combined, you all did a wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete